• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started a Keto diet.

Always consult your doctor.
If you are having side effects, I recommend introducing potassium and magnesium as supplements. Also, make sure you are getting enough sodium.

Any Side effects? I heard some can case serious side effects

I've heard some people get in a fog with it. Like any "diet" you need to make sure you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals needed. You have to take a fiber supplement. Keto is a low fiber diet.

I'm 2 1/2 years in on Keto. Made the change as a treatment for my wife's worsening arthritis. It's been a huge lifestyle change for us, all positive. Her ability to do pain-free work and hobby stuff has improved dramatically. We were modestly overweight when we started. We both lost about 30 lbs and have kept it off. We try to keep our carb intake below 30 to 40 grams a day. "Casual Keto" is a term used to descibe this approach. Our family doc has given us the thumbs up; our blood chemistry has come back normal on this diet.

I occassionally miss bread, pasta, and pizza, but not much. I don't miss sugar. I say this as someone who was a junk food junkie for 50 years. Donuts, chocolate, cake, cookies, ice cream. Any fast food. Those things are gone from our lives, and we don't mind. We enjoy salads with our dinners. We find suitable bread substitutes (Lavash bread for roll up sandwiches). My wife also bakes a really good Keto-friendly bread using almond flour. Without sugar, everything else tastes so much better.

My 83 year old mother, who was badly overweight, COPD, kidney problems, cancer survivor, adopted Keto, too. She's done amazing with it, and she's healthier than she's been in years. Lost a lot of weight. He kidney function improved. She's become more active and less sendentary. Nothing short of a miracle. Sister-in-law followed in our footsteps; debilitating back pain has dramatically improved. Keto really does wonders in terms of keeping your immune system from attacking your own body (inflamation related pain).

As far as I'm concerned, sugar is the enemy. Eliminate or reduce it wherever you can, including the things that your body turns to sugar, like bread and pasta.

Bypass, I hope you can give it another shot. You got a bad case of keto flu. A big mug of whipped cream and some sugar free jello every day is a good way to get lots of fat calories with almost no sugar; your body can turn that to energy and you won't be so fatigued.

It takes a change of mindset to undo all the social programming that fat is the enemy. It's not. It's actually good for you, AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR.

I've heard some people get in a fog with it. Like any "diet" you need to make sure you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals needed. You have to take a fiber supplement. Keto is a low fiber diet.
Oh. A year ago I torn my acl and I gained some pounds and I can’t lose it lol. Tryin got find something that fits me lol

Hahahhahaha can U sleep well? Any crazy cravings? Like lose of concentration?
Sleep is about the same. Craved carbs like a zombie craves brains and it was like I was in a fog and like I had a few beers or something and was getting some slurred speech type issues.

Oh. A year ago I torn my acl and I gained some pounds and I can’t lose it lol. Tryin got find something that fits me lol
Exercise to lose if you are able. I weigh 305 right now and am 6'2" I'm worried about destroying my knees If I were to try and run. Golfing is keeping me at a steady weight with a little loss daily and I eat a low calorie diet to help.

Exercise to lose if you are able. I weigh 305 right now and am 6'2" I'm worried about destroying my knees If I were to try and run. Golfing is keeping me at a steady weight with a little loss daily and I eat a low calorie diet to help.
Hey u got it man. U lose weight that’s a good result! Keep it up

Back
Top Bottom