• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore Diet

Started keto about 3 weeks ago. Havent kept track of my weight but Im down around 10-12 lbs (175). Waiting for life to settle down some before going hard core carni again.

Reading all this makes me want to start. I'm not obese, doc says only about 15-20 lbs or so overweight, mostly in the gut region :lol: Mid 40's so metabolism is slowing down. Last few physicals my BP is OK but my cholesterol is sneaking up to where they may want to start me on meds soon, but currently taking fish oil to see if that helps.

I work out about 4-5 days a week, mix of weights and cardio. Problem is, I eat like crap. I know I overeat. I snack a good bit, even if I'm not hungry. It's more out of boredom. And I love carbs. Pasta, pizza, bread are my food vices. I have cut out sweet tea and soft drinks except for the occasional out to dinner, but mostly drink water and black coffee(no sugar or cream) for my caffeine fix. I still drink but I've cut back on the amount of beer per week. But so far it's not enough and I need to do more I feel like. I can tell my bad eating habits completely negate any workouts I do during the week and it sucks.

I've considered keto too. Either one will definitely be a shock to the body though with my current eating habits.

Basically my hope is that by my next physical my numbers are good and I don't need to get on any cholesterol meds.

Reading all this makes me want to start. I'm not obese, doc says only about 15-20 lbs or so overweight, mostly in the gut region :lol: Mid 40's so metabolism is slowing down. Last few physicals my BP is OK but my cholesterol is sneaking up to where they may want to start me on meds soon, but currently taking fish oil to see if that helps.

I work out about 4-5 days a week, mix of weights and cardio. Problem is, I eat like crap. I know I overeat. I snack a good bit, even if I'm not hungry. It's more out of boredom. And I love carbs. Pasta, pizza, bread are my food vices. I have cut out sweet tea and soft drinks except for the occasional out to dinner, but mostly drink water and black coffee(no sugar or cream) for my caffeine fix. I still drink but I've cut back on the amount of beer per week. But so far it's not enough and I need to do more I feel like. I can tell my bad eating habits completely negate any workouts I do during the week and it sucks.

I've considered keto too. Either one will definitely be a shock to the body though with my current eating habits.

Basically my hope is that by my next physical my numbers are good and I don't need to get on any cholesterol meds.
Do it, with your workout routine you would be cut AF in about a month

Do it, with your workout routine you would be cut AF in about a month
Yeah I was hoping so. It's tough, I have to get out of that mindset of food=pleasure and more in to the food=fuel mindset as mentioned here already. Just ate a big bowl of pasta last night :lol:

Yeah I was hoping so. It's tough, I have to get out of that mindset of food=pleasure and more in to the food=fuel mindset as mentioned here already. Just ate a big bowl of pasta last night :lol:
After a week or 2 it becomes fairly easy. I'm a pasta junkie myself. If I ate what I wanted I'd be close to 300 lbs in probably 2months easy, I just can't do carbs at least not on a regular basis. I do cheat days every now and then now that I'm at a reasonable weight

Dirty carnivore tonight. Sometimes you just gotta have breakfast meats and a half dozen eggs
20240306_170150.jpg

I have a line on grass fed beef, no antibiotics, no grain, just good old-fashioned beef if anyone is looking for a half or quarter cow. Me and a buddy doing this diet may be splitting a half and need some others to go in with us. If anyone is interested PM me, I'm going to try get pricing soon.

I have a line on grass fed beef, no antibiotics, no grain, just good old-fashioned beef if anyone is looking for a half or quarter cow. Me and a buddy doing this diet may be splitting a half and need some others to go in with us. If anyone is interested PM me, I'm going to try get pricing soon.
Wheres the beef? No really, not joking.

Back
Top Bottom