• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick starving cat, need advice

I just went and an opossom was eating his food. Edison was too weak to even try to move away. We're discussing taking him tomorrow and have him put to sleep if he's not any better because he's barely breathing. His sinuses aren't clearing up, we have to keep wiping his nostrils just so he can breathe out of them. He's just getting weaker and weaker and it's heart wrenching to watch it. I try to stand him up, his hind legs can't support his weight and he just rolls over onto his side. We're having to use a syringe dropper to give him water and he stopped eating

I just went and an opossom was eating his food. Edison was too weak to even try to move away. We're discussing taking him tomorrow and have him put to sleep if he's not any better because he's barely breathing. His sinuses aren't clearing up, we have to keep wiping his nostrils just so he can breathe out of them. He's just getting weaker and weaker and it's heart wrenching to watch it. I try to stand him up, his hind legs can't support his weight and he just rolls over onto his side. We're having to use a syringe dropper to give him water and he stopped eating
hate it for you. I can't stand any animal in pain...just tears me up.

Edison passed in his sleep. I checked on him at 3am, he was sleeping so I wrapped my old sweat jacket around him, he woke up and started to purr but he was too weak to get up. I went out this morning and he was just how left him but he was gone

Edison passed in his sleep. I checked on him at 3am, he was sleeping so I wrapped my old sweat jacket around him, he woke up and started to purr but he was too weak to get up. I went out this morning and he was just how left him but he was gone
At least you gave it one hell of shot to save him..Sorry...

I'm really sorry to hear that. At least he experienced care and kindness before he left

We were making plans on moving him to the back yard we've created for our pets as soon as he got better. It's fenced in, has solar lights every where, it literally glows at night. We built a wooden bridge over a small old fish pond that the "kids" seem to love with tons of safe places to explore. At night we can open the door and let the dogs run out without worrying about them getting lost, coyotes or large stray dogs rushing up on my tiny pets. Had a deer try to run up on my Yorkie once. Long story short the back yard is my zen place

man im sorry to hear this. was praying hard for the little guy and was hoping for a good outcome. You did all you could though and at least gave him a peaceful couple of last days.

Back
Top Bottom