• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED ADVICE ON RUNNING( JOGGING) SHOES

Brooks hold up good. Hoka are comfy but don’t hold up for me. I actually like Altra Lone Peak shoes with the zero drop footbed. Not overly cushioned & work well with my wide foot. Try them on at Rei but you can probably find a better deal at Amazon or eBay. The lone peak is just one shoe in their line. It’s more of a trail shoe but has a wide option that’s why I prefer that one.

I started off walking, now I’m trying to incorporate more jogging or running ( for me it is) maybe walking really fast.. lol.
I’m about 240 -250 lbs and would like a good recommendation for GOOD SHOES.. the shoes will only be used for this .. I’d like to say money is no option but at this time it may be.. but I’ll look at anything.. any help would be greatly appreciated
I started the same and I use adidas alpha bounce 1. It works for me. LOWA also makes tennis shoes as well.

Go to a running store. They are well versed in fitting you for your specific needs and offer a money back free trial.
This is what I did back in 2012. Worth it in my opinion. They put me on a pressure plate type treadmill and ran an analysis of my walking and running form and how my feet hit the surface I was running/walking on. Thought it was a little "gimmicky" at the time but the Brooks I settled on are still going strong 12 years later.

This is what I did back in 2012. Worth it in my opinion. They put me on a pressure plate type treadmill and ran an analysis of my walking and running form and how my feet hit the surface I was running/walking on. Thought it was a little "gimmicky" at the time but the Brooks I settled on are still going strong 12 years later.
I always have a pair of Brooks cascadia trail runners. they are killer shoes. I really like a lot of the Hoka trail shoes as well. My only real gripe with hoka...they do wear faster and some of their colorways are atrocious. that being said...they make badass shoes. check out the stinsons and the speedgoats.

I started wearing running shoes because of shin splints. I've been going to a specialty store because they know what you need. I think mine are Asics. Not cheap, but I don't have shin splints either.
Take your time wearing them in store to see how they feel. Then take them home and wear them on the carpet several times to make sure you like them. That way if you don't, you haven't put any wear on them and can return them. Make sure what the store's return policy is

I have also found that Brooks "rubber blend" is more durable than Hoka's but maybe slightly less grippy....both companies also offer shoes with vibram tread that is really good and consistant across brands.

Soloman gets an honorable mention as well.

I started wearing running shoes because of shin splints. I've been going to a specialty store because they know what you need. I think mine are Asics. Not cheap, but I don't have shin splints either.
Take your time wearing them in store to see how they feel. Then take them home and wear them on the carpet several times to make sure you like them. That way if you don't, you haven't put any wear on them and can return them. Make sure what the store's return policy is
for trail shoes, buy at REI. pay to be a member. you can return everything for any reason for a calendar year.

Back
Top Bottom