• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick starving cat, need advice

Jopples

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
5   0
Reaction score
About a week I had a stray cat/kitten show up in my garage. It looks to be less than a year old but not quite a kitten.
No idea if it's a male or female
I found it eating my cats food. It's starving to death, never seen a cat this skinny. It was sneezing and coughing, light green mucus running from it's nostrils. It's left ear seems to be a birth defect, permanently pinned back
I gave it one of my cats spare houses we made from storage containers and put a radiant heater in front
I've been feeding it canned and dry food, all it wants
It was making progress. The mucus, sneezing and coughing went away. A few days ago when it got cold I locked it in the garage with the heater to keep it warm but it's getting sick again.
I went out this morning expecting to find it dead or close to it but it's still hanging in here. It even got up and gave me a faint meow and staggered towards me
I'm going to run it to the vet tomorrow to see if they can diagnose and give it the meds it needs
It's eating and drinking just fine and it's apparent now that it adopted me so now I feel responsible for it
Does anyone know anything about cats, is there anything I can or can't give it right now to help relieve its discomfort
I'm not taking it to the pound

Attachments

• 20210404_151240.jpg
    20210404_151240.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 142
my outside cat has green mucus from eyes and nose, I thinks its the pollen it takes a toll on animals too. If ya have access to any colloidal silver put a teaspoon in the food and water for a few days, its seems to help mine. You can also crush up a antibiotic and give them max 100 mg at a time in food.

About a week I had a stray cat/kitten show up in my garage. It looks to be less than a year old but not quite a kitten.
I found it eating my cats food. It's starving to death, never seen a cat this skinny. It was sneezing and coughing, light green mucus running from it's nostrils.
I gave it one of my cats spare houses we made from storage containers and put a radiant heater in front
It was making progress. The mucus, sneezing and coughing went away. A few days ago when it got cold I locked it in the garage with the heater to keep it warm but it's getting sick again.
I went out this morning expecting to find it dead or close to it but it's still hanging in here. It even got up and gave me a faint meow and staggered towards me
I'm going to run it to the vet tomorrow to see if they can diagnose and give it the meds it needs
It's eating and drinking just fine and it's apparent now that it adopted me so now I feel responsible for it
Does anyone know anything about cats, is there anything I can or can't give it right now to help relieve its discomfort
I'm not taking it to the pound

Your a good man Charlie Brown

my outside cat has green mucus from eyes and nose, I thinks its the pollen it takes a toll on animals too. If ya have access to any colloidal silver put a teaspoon in the food and water for a few days, its seems to help mine. You can also crush up a antibiotic and give them max 100 mg at a time in food.
Can I do that with it being as emaciated as it is ?

No idea if it's a male or female
I found it eating my cats food. It's starving to death, never seen a cat this skinny. It was sneezing and coughing, light green mucus running from it's nostrils.
I'm not taking it to the pound. I'm trying to take a pic but I can get ODT to work on my phone and my camera batteries are dead
J, good luck, sir. Thank you for what you're doing helping this poor kitty. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom