• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF Knife

reps from cold steel came to our armory in the corps and demonstrated the tanto, they stuck it through a flackjacket. been sold on them since.

True, but you have to remember for most guys even deployed, their knife is going to 99% play a utility role and possible 1%, hopefully never, play a defensive or offensive role......Tantos just lack when it comes to general utility....If you are going to get a knife purely for a fighting role, you might as well get a very well made wide bladded Dagger....Just my thoughts on it....Yours may and probably will vary.

1) Current Issue 7" Marine fighting knife. Can fix to the front of an AR. Inside BOB till you get into the unfortunate situation of having to set up camp. Then fixed to your pack shoulder-strap, blade up.
2) High quality 4" flick blade, clipped to your front pocket.
3) Leatherman on your belt.

4) Double sided battle-ax

I picked this knife up in a local gun shop in N.J. about 25 years ago. Pockets in the sheath carry a sharpening stone and wire saw. Has no markings on the knife anywhere, but flap on top pocket say's "Imperial", I guess that means it's a Schrade? It will still get the job done, and it took me 2 months to save up the $40.00 it cost back then.

i663.photobucket.com_albums_uu359_pogmothoinkm_gun_20stuff_202_101_3123.jpg

Fixed blade, multi tool, folder. Nice to have a machete as well.
For me depending on the one rig I grab.
Fixed - Gerber LMF ASEK, Gerber Prodigy, SOG Seal Pup Elite, KaBar. Thinking about picking up a Fallkniven F1 and CS Recon Tanto
Multi - Leatherman Wave, Gerber multi, Juice
Folder - CRKT M16, Kershaw Leeks, Gerber AST (can't think of the model) Been on the hunt for a SOG Flash...
I have a SOG and Gerber Machete. I think I need to upgrade those to something a little heavier though. Looking at a parang type blade like the CS Kukri

Back
Top Bottom