• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF Knife

Olchevy,Thanks for the info I wonder if it's because of the carbon v steel?

Yours might be fine, from my limited understanding of it, some of the blades did not get properly heat treated and in return when subjected to very low temperatures the metal gets way to brittle and just breaks. That is something that is way more common than most would think when it comes to mass produced blades. Just wanting to let you know in case the SHTF for real....would hate for it to break on you when its your only blade, but then again who really carries only one blade anyways...lol

When I need a knife around the house, in the shop, or in the woods, I usually grab my $10 pocket knife. A small locking blade knife can do a lot of things. That being said, in a survival situation, I think you'd also need a hammer, shovel, axe, pry bar, spear, etc... A knife can fill a lot of those needs if it has fixed blade, full tang and thick spine. When I was a kid, I had an classic Ka-bar that was so old and abused that the leather grip rotted off. The knife was used for all the mentioned tasks and did just fine.

My vote:
[Broken External Image]:

Cold Steel Kukri

www_google_com_url_83ec72e4beb12f3568f77e888e5eb317._.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom