Seafoam is the ****!!!!

I always run Seafoam in my Ford F150 4.6L Motor Oil. I will change my oil once and add Seafoam to the mix. Let the motor run for about 200 miles and change it again without seafoam. The difference is fa nominal. It makes your motor feel and run so much better. Running it through the vacuum line also is a wonderful thing to do with the brake booster hose. The white smoke pisses off cops though so make sure you run it all through your system. In the end your engine will thank you for it!

I love running it through the vacuum lines. Used it in my hardbody because I had a knock under load. 1/2 a can of seafoam later and no more knock, truck runs like a new one.

Well I'll be.... we have an off road go kart (Yerf dog, 6.5 Techumseh) that for some reason would begin to 'bog down', for lack of a better description, when warm. It wouldn't die but would bog down at full throttle. It was VERY annoying for an 11 year old. I changed the plug, air filter and cleaned carb bowl. Nothing helped. So last week I added some sea foam to the tank and started it up. Let it run enough so that it was in the engine then let it sit. Took it out this weekend and it ran like a TOP! Couldn't believe it. The boat motor is essentially doing the same thing and I ran some through it as well. Can't wait to see if I get the same results next time it's on the water. If so... I'll be 100% sold!
Boat motor failed that test weekend before last. :(

After using Seafoam use fuel Injector cleaners use cleaners that have PEA. That's the only cleaner that has been shown to clean the injectors and not leave deposits in the process. Techron Fuel System cleaner, Regaine Complete, AmsOil.
For general fuel system cleaning, lubing and UCL use MMO in 5 oz to 10 Gallons of fuel ratio.
If you have an older vehicle and are afraid of harsher cleaners, like Seafoam, use MMO in oil, at about 20% of your oil capacity. Run for 500 miles. It will gently dissolve the crud and carry it to the filter.
Oil will thin out about 5w with 20% of MMO, so colder months are perfect time to do it.

Do not forget to add Moly disulfide for older flat-tapped motors, post-SM oil formulations have lower moly to save the cats.

Been running Seafoam in my 1985 Goldwing for years. Maybe every ten fill-ups I put a about a quarter of a can in the tank. Almost 30 years old and it runs smooth as silk. Hell, I put half a can in a full tank if the bike's going to be down for a few months and let it run for about five minutes. When I go to crank it up later it start right up.

Great stuff.

Ive been reading about Seafoam on the 4runner forums.. I'm going to run some in my engine about 1k miles before my next oil change. ...Im guessing I can just google vacuum pump on a gen4 4runner to find out where it is pretty easily..

Back
Top Bottom