• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Day Pontiac Died

My current GOAT….
88E9A27B-BCCB-47FF-BE49-6284A6118029.jpeg
9AFBD149-6EC6-4CCF-870E-E84C5D004C27.jpeg

I had a 77 Formula Firebird. It was fast and drank gas like a mofo if I ran it hard.

I don't have any digitized pics, but looked a lot like this:

View attachment 6982607
My 78 Formula had the lame Chevy 305 ,
And it burned oil like you wouldn’t believe , it used a quart every hundred miles .
I had the spark plug extenders in two cylinders and got used oil from the state park where I worked .
No point in buying new oil if it’s burning out that fast .

I finally sold the 78 and bought a 70 , with the 350 2 barrel and wow , that baby was super fast . Easily had twice the power .

I also owned some other “orphan cars “

Several Mercurys .

A 62 meteor and a 63 meteor

And a 69 Cyclone Cale Yarborough edition that I paid $275 for in 1982

It looked a lot better after I painted the door white , added slot mags and fat tires and skyjacker air shocks

10 bonus points if you recognize the location .

My dad worked there . We lived in a house on the property .
IMG_6480.png

My 78 Formula had the lame Chevy 305 ,
And it burned oil like you wouldn’t believe , it used a quart every hundred miles .
I had the spark plug extenders in two cylinders and got used oil from the state park where I worked .
No point in buying new oil if it’s burning out that fast .

I finally sold the 78 and bought a 70 , with the 350 2 barrel and wow , that baby was super fast . Easily had twice the power .

I also owned some other “orphan cars “

Several Mercurys .

A 62 meteor and a 63 meteor

And a 69 Cyclone Cale Yarborough edition that I paid $275 for in 1982

It looked a lot better after I painted the door white , added slot mags and fat tires and skyjacker air shocks

10 bonus points if you recognize the location .

My dad worked there . We lived in a house on the property .
View attachment 6985113

Yeah Roundhouse, my Formula Firebird had a 350 4 barrel, and it did drink a lot of gas! It drew a lot of attention from chicks, and cops. :)

My first car was a midnight blue/white 74 Formula Firebird. Big block 400 with true ram air. My hood had the functional hood scoops with bellows to the air cleaner. Someone before I got it has removed the 4 speed rockcrusher tranny and converted it to auto with a tricked turbo 400. Got about 14mpg on the highway and could watch the gas needle twitch when you stomped the throttle. I was lucky to have survived that beast with the way we drove back then.

Back
Top Bottom