• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scenario: In defense of others?

Ayoob (think it was an article back in the 80's or early 90's) told of a domestic where the male subject beat the stuffing out of his "ol' lady" & right when responding officers cuffed him one of them heard/ felt a "thunk" on his back where the subjects "ol' lady" tried to sink a butcher knife into her "saviors" back that was stopped by his vest.

I guess another thing to consider is the company you're in at the time. For example, if I'm at a bowling alley, I'm most likely going to be with my son. If I'm with my son and something's going down that doesn't directly involve me, flight will beat fight 100% of the time. I am getting the F out as discreetly as possible. If I'm on my own or in adult company, that might be different.

Amen.

Ayoob (think it was an article back in the 80's or early 90's) told of a domestic where the male subject beat the stuffing out of his "ol' lady" & right when responding officers cuffed him one of them heard/ felt a "thunk" on his back where the subjects "ol' lady" tried to sink a butcher knife into her "saviors" back that was stopped by his vest.

You can't assume **** about domestic violence, because they don't think like we do.. Jim Bob and miss Bobby Sue could be fighting about how Bobby Sue spilled her coke in Jim bobs firebird, and Bobby.Sue is on the ground throwing a temper tantrum. Soon as cops book.him, shell be bailing his ass out. All too common, white trash.are not reasonable thinkers.

Man, with all the restraint being exercised in this thread, you guys are seriously damaging the stereotype of the bloodthirsty gun owner just looking for someone to give you an excuse... :lol:

Seriously though, I really haven't seen a wrong answer yet. I think we can all agree that erring on the side of caution is ALWAYS the proper response.

But on a related note, a lot of people get hung up on the question of whether or not a perp is armed with some type of weapon. Its easily established that striking someone in the face or head with a fist can cause death or serious bodily injury, including people being put into comas and suffering massive brain damage. An empty-handed person smashing the back of someone's head on the pavement (ahem, Trayvon ahem) is certainly wielding deadly force. As was previously mentioned, disparity of size is a factor as well. A larger male assaulting a smaller female is the textbook example, but it also could include a victim who was elderly, a child, or disabled in some way.

Defense of a third party^^, dude could kill her, its in how you articulate the events. Like.I said earlier, if at all possible, get her ass out of the line of fire first if that option is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom