• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scenario: In defense of others?

Monte, my only concern with the above mentioned tactics is until you know EXACTLY what's going on, would you try to de escalate the situation before using the above mentioned tactics. Basically, trying to talk him down if possible instead exhibiting aggression. The way I'm "seeing" the above scenario, without knowing all the details (she could have trippev and fallen while they were arguing for all we know), by exhibiting aggression, you fuel the fire. If he's simply yelling, and not physically hitting at that point, would trying to calmly talk things down be a viable option?

Yes. Like I said, lots of options. Restraint, especially as a civilian and as Shrek alluded to, is always a good idea.

Last edited:
It a shame that everyone is out to sue someone for their wrongful actions. Why is it that it always seems that the good Samaritan is always the one in trouble even when they had good intentions?

Definitely, and just for the sake of clarification, at this point its pretty clear that she didn't "just fall down" and he isn't "just helping her up" She's flat on her back in the middle of the parking lot. He's standing over her screaming and she is clearly crying and scared.

That's how I took it.

Definitely, and just for the sake of clarification, at this point its pretty clear that she didn't "just fall down" and he isn't "just helping her up" She's flat on her back in the middle of the parking lot. He's standing over her screaming and she is clearly crying and scared.

Its such a fine line. Simple assault under FVA is reasonable fear of violence, (e.g. His fist are balled up and you fear a strike). Understand, YOU are going to be articulating the offense and be prepared for her to say nothing or even deny he did anything. Monty makes a great point. That good deed you think your doing could easily be your epitaph, or indictment.

I guess another thing to consider is the company you're in at the time. For example, if I'm at a bowling alley, I'm most likely going to be with my son. If I'm with my son and something's going down that doesn't directly involve me, flight will beat fight 100% of the time. I am getting the F out as discreetly as possible. If I'm on my own or in adult company, that might be different.

Its such a fine line. Simple assault under FVA is reasonable fear of violence, (e.g. His fist are balled up and you fear a strike). Understand, YOU are going to be articulating the offense and be prepared for her to say nothing or even deny he did anything. Monty makes a great point. That good deed you think your doing could easily be your epitaph, or indictment.

Problem with domestic violence: "I love him!!!" I will say, assessing the situation comes first. It could be a day at the trailer park with a he said she said, not even involving any punches, it could be a true domestic violence, or it could be a mugging/gang attack/rape/murder. Once you've assessed the situation, then choose your move. Just keep in mind, if you miss him and hit her, you're ****ed.

- - - Updated - - -

Take him out NYPD style. Shoot them both and 14 innocent bystanders.

thought that was lapd style?

I guess another thing to consider is the company you're in at the time. For example, if I'm at a bowling alley, I'm most likely going to be with my son. If I'm with my son and something's going down that doesn't directly involve me, flight will beat fight 100% of the time. I am getting the F out as discreetly as possible. If I'm on my own or in adult company, that might be different.
very true.

Back
Top Bottom