• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scare sales

A response I expected, and have some sympathy with the sentiment.

I asked a friend of mine, who has a similar outlook, what he'd really do if there was a swat team surrounding his house with him and his wife and kinds inside.

I'm not suggesting that will ever happen, but when the real choice is die or surrender........
I have a patch on my vest that says, Live Free Or Die

You have never been "free" like you think it means.

The kicker will be when they ban various things without any grandfather clauses and people are left holding 'banned' items with no legal way to dispose other than surrender.
www.quickmeme.com_img_94_940e8c11c1ccba3061ddb7650be881ca1bf1e48aa3c2493b94b956439ddad5a2.jpg

I asked a friend of mine, who has a similar outlook, what he'd really do if there was a swat team surrounding his house with him and his wife and kinds inside.

I'm not suggesting that will ever happen, but when the real choice is die or surrender........
This won't happen. If they ever tried door-to-door confiscation it would be a blood bath.

They'll simply outlaw them and give you a deadline to turn them in. After that if you're caught with one you'll be arrested. They might kick a few doors open once in awhile if they know somebody has a big stockpile, but most folks will get picked up for having one in their car when they get pulled over for a busted tail light or when the police get called to their house for something else and happen to find a gun while they're there.

Don't even have to do that. They will just offer a ridiculous number of some of Yellin's funny paper in addition to making them "illegal". Carrots and sticks.

There are lots of things worse than death, having kids would make it an impossible choice I suppose. The wife? Well, she knew what she was getting into.

Then you die!! I don't have kids and my wife is active duty and can hold her own in a firefight. My question is how many on that SWAT team are ready to die? I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from ALL ENEMIES, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC and I will treat those SWAT team members no differently than I would a member of ISIS.
Did the 300 Spartans surrender when they looked across the battlefield at hundreds of thousands of Persians? Hell no!! They were not scared to die defending what they loved and neither am I.

Then you die!!.... My question is how many on that SWAT team are ready to die? ....

I think that might be the only thing that slows their roll. If they run up on some capable people while out confiscatin' they'll re-examine their retirement bennies and pensions and find another line of work. I don't foresee a "Confiscation Act" where active enforcement is the norm for some time to come. They'll ask nicely for you to turn them in, pass laws for retention to be punished as felonies, and offer the carrot as JamesG says above. It's for the children after all.

Then you die!! I don't have kids and my wife is active duty and can hold her own in a firefight. My question is how many on that SWAT team are ready to die?

They aren't. They are going to drone your ass instead.

I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from ALL ENEMIES, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC and I will treat those SWAT team members no differently than I would a member of ISIS.

Actually, they will see YOU the same way. YOU are a domestic terrorist threat with all your scary talk and guns and bibles and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom