• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Residential water heater needs replaced

I use Bradford White water heaters because I think they a a better product that Rheem/ GE or AOSmith/Whirlpool. They are only marketed to plumbers and aren't available at Home Depot or Lowes

So basically you are paying $250-$350 for an extended warranty (that I assume doesn't cover labor) on something that costs about $400-$500? Nice. And I thought Best Buy was crazy. ;)

Correct. While it does happen, it is very rare that I see a water heater fail before 12 years. Being on well water or living somewhere that has bad water quality can shorten a water heaters life greatly.

Ours lasted like 16 years but at the end the plastic pipe inside that directs cold water down had broken up. Those evil pieces clogged up all faucets. Had to remove hot water lines and force cold water back thru faucet to blow it clear.

Ours lasted like 16 years but at the end the plastic pipe inside that directs cold water down had broken up. Those evil pieces clogged up all faucets. Had to remove hot water lines and force cold water back thru faucet to blow it clear.

If it was made between 98 and 04 ( I think those were the years) there was a bunch of defective diptubes made. I spent HOURS flushing out those little blueish white particles and unstopping faucets.

Water heater warranties are a scam. The standard water heater comes with a 6 year tank warranty, the supply house i use most offers a 9 and 12 year warranty as well. They take an extra 250-350$ of your money, slap a different sticker on the same 6yr heater and bet its going to last that long anyway.
Don't know of a supply house that does this, but you are 100% correct about it being the same heater.

Back
Top Bottom