• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 513 assembled & range report.

Here is the NOS receiver block I got in the mail next to the old single shot block holes have to be done perfectly for proper headspacing. As you can I still have some work to go. All by hand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 25
Hopefully I have the grooves where they need to be. I will find out in the morning when I go for a test fire. As for now it looks that way. Everything is extremely right as it should be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 23
I test fired the rifle and first shot goes off without a hitch. Apparently there is a tad bit of play with the lug area where the pins go through. Barrel moves just out of position where the second shot won't fire. Can be fixed one of two ways. Slightly larger pins OT shim in the bolt to make it longer.

Looks good so far. Is that barrel code C MM if so April of 1943. I have one from 1949 and also a tube fed one from 1951 (if I remember right). Anyway looks good waiting to see the finished product.

513 barrel it dated to 1943, the 510 is dated to 1942. I have been lax uploading pics due to lack of interest lol. I will post some up. Headspace was giving issues so I had all the pin holes in barrel welded up. I have annealed them. And as soon as I get a chance I am going to drill new ones where everything will be in line perfectly.

Sorry, been a long week swapping between night shift and days for school. Here are the pics o the reciever welded and sanded and annealed. Just havenet had time to get to my buddies shop and use his mill to redo the holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
I have sanded a few of the pieces in 320 grit in preparation for rust blueing when I can get to it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 15
I finished grinding off the extra material left on the barrel today with the dremel. Had to do this so the front reciever block would sit properly. Then I squared up everything the best I could by hand with a file. If all goes well hopefully tomorrow I can make it to my buddy's and use his mill I get the holes drilled for the cross pins.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg