• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 513 assembled & range report.

That's a really pretty piece of walnut. Knock the burs off and fill the pores then the grain will shine. I really like the pieces that Sharps40 has done with Tru-Oil and elbow grease that give a nice classy hand rubbed ending.

Oh and love the mil stamps!

Last edited:
I am just about finished with the stock. Gonna apply coat #10 before I go in to work. Under all the varnish was about an 80 grit finish on the wood. I sanded it the best I could but to truly get a fine finish I would have had to almost change to stock demensions. So after a final sand at 320 I am applying some thick coats of true oil. After this last coat I will wet sand it at 1000 grit.

Here it is with #9. I hoped to be finished with it by now but I have worked all my off days this week unexpedectedly. But it OT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
Nice job. I like it. I did my Savage model 24 with Tru Oil. It's a pretty big job to get it looking as good as you did. The wait time between coats is what I don't like.

Thanks. It hasn't been hard waiting in between coats for me lately. Night shift for 12 hours, come home sleep, wake up, apply true oil, go to work, repeat. I haven't even hunted this week during the rut! But who is say no to 24 hours OT with Christmas coming up.

Stock is complete. Wet sanded at 1000 grit. Rubbed the stock until my arm felt like rubber with turtle wax scratch remover and now it feels like a marble.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg