• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems getting WCL in Camden county- Update Pg. 7.

I'm willing to go into debt to pay for a lawyer to fight this just on principle.

I lived and worked for a while in SE Ga. worked in Camden County a great deal.

I'm here to tell you (1) lawyering up won't speed up the process, and (2) it's still a very small county with the power structure that's been entrenched since the 19th century, and "lawyering up" will bite you in the butt long term especially you being new and all.

I'm telling you from real life experience, I realize in the internet world that doesn't count for much.

I'm here to tell you (1) lawyering up won't speed up the process, and (2) it's still a very small county with the power structure that's been entrenched since the 19th century, and "lawyering up" will bite you in the butt long term especially you being new and all.

I'm telling you from real life experience, I realize in the internet world that doesn't count for much.
So them "good ole boys" ain't all that good?...I hear banjo music.

You can’t open carry a handgun without your GWL (or valid OOS permit) but I’m pretty sure Georgia law allows open carry of a long gun without a GWL.

Might get you some looks... but could keep you armed and on the proper side of the law.

OCGA § 16-11-126

b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

Ugh, why make a big deal out of nothing? You likely won't need to shoot anyone between now and May and if you do, the WCL is the least of your worries. Just carry concealed and be done with it.

Ugh, why make a big deal out of nothing. You likely won't need to shoot anyone between now and May and if you do, the WCL is the least of your worries. Just carry concealed and be done with it.
That kind of attitude is what empowers local governments to run afoul of their legal obligations. With no one to call them out on it... they can do whatever they want.

Cmon man.. let him get that lawyer..

Back
Top Bottom