• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems getting WCL in Camden county- Update Pg. 7.

Ah to be in the military with a home-of-record in FL and live and own a home in GA with orders that let me do whatever I want has a resident of that state... yet still hold residency (and “pay” nonexistent state income tax) in FL. I’m not looking forward to the day when I have to give that up.

Good luck with finally getting your license squared away. As I recall, I did have to do something or other with the vehicle titling to have it under my name to make the GA process easier... but I think we went through the same thing in VA’s commonwealth ad valorum (however you spell it) stuff... so it was pretty much a moot point by that move. I think that just pushed my titling back to only in my name on the last vehicle purchase. VA concealed carry license looked about as fancy as a social security card... no photo... and I had no fingerprints to give and the courses were done not a thing, likely due to military service, but it sure was quick and easy to get compared to GA. Handed them a sheet, showed my military ID, orders, gave them money, walked out.

We had a guy at the office who left to go work in SE GA. We’re engineers and you know how engineers are. He looked at the Camden/Nassau choice and, when he took everything into account, it was cheaper to live in GA. If I remember correctly, the effective tax rate (income, property, sales) was only 2% higher in GA and the higher CoL and insurance rates tipped the balance in favor of GA just a bit. Factor in property purchase price, commute time, etc, and he said GA was the place to be. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom