• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preferred Glock mods by professionals & serious students

I guess I'm weird because I really like the stock Glock sights though I do prefer the steel Glock sights. My ideal set-up is a Ghost Ultimate connector, Glock front NS, steel Glock rear sight (football goal) and a .5 cent trigger job. I find this set-up to work with me the best.

I do need to try the bicycle tire tube for the grip.

I guess I'm weird because I really like the stock Glock sights though I do prefer the steel Glock sights. My ideal set-up is a Ghost Ultimate connector, Glock front NS, steel Glock rear sight (football goal) and a .5 cent trigger job. I find this set-up to work with me the best.

I do need to try the bicycle tire tube for the grip.

That sight set-up is just too busy for me. Years ago when I was taking classes from different schools & still using factory sights I would take a black sharpie & blackout the rear goalpost. I've met other guys who liked them too.

Great advice in the OP! My minimum requirements would be:

- connector
Vickers magazine release and slide stop lever
Steel sights of your choice - Heinie straight eights for me
Light trigger polish job - just polish, no material removal!

I also like the idea of swapping the trigger for a smooth faced version, but haven't tried it personally.

Like some others I have a deep rooted aversion to UN-stocking a gun. At least in function. Connectors and triggers are what they are to me. My reasoning is not distrust or anything it's just that I don't want to get spoiled by the upgrades and have to learn the hard way again at a bad time. I'm more survival/prepper oriented and like to stay as close to what conditions will be like without the ability to order connectors, sights, batteries etc online and have them delivered. I also shoot to attain and maintain proficiency, not competition and I doubt I will ever shoot 2000 rounds in any two weeks, much less two days so the trigger face, reset and weight are fine for me.

Now the sights I surely agree with. The G32 I just picked up has the stock block and dot sights and I hate it. I might put night sights on it but I will most likely just go with a simple 3 dot setup.

Extended slide/mag releases on Glocks is another real good idea. Two of the very few areas Glock Gen 3 and olders were lacking in. I once had an extended mag release put on a G27 at Glock. The next time I CCed it IWB I thought I had a busted bottle in my side. I took the wifes nail file and "de-burred" that sucker and it all worked out fine.

The inner tube idea is great. This G32 had a Hogue wrap around with finger grooves...seemed silly on a gun with finger grooves and added a bit too much thickness any way so it came off before the paperwork was finished. Found a use for it though. It's a nice add to my Ruger P95 I keep in the bathroom. Will make the shower gun a bit more grippy. I thought I HAD to have a G19 with the RTF finish a couple of years back and found out that the R in RTF is no understatement. First time I carried in SOB/IWB for a few hours I thought I had a horny hedgehog trying to crawl into my Fruit of the Looms. Wish you'd have mentioned the inner tube THEN. ;)

I sometimes find myself thinking that you are a bit of a "know it all" but am honest enough to admit that while not all, you DO seem to know a LOT. Thanks for sharing it. I will run with the inner tube idea ASAP. And next trip to Glock I'll be getting the new gal tuned up and "tricked out" with the extendeds and maybe some night sights.

Helpful and informative thread. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom