• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Polling the brain trust on CZ trigger mods

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
A few years ago I did a CGW trigger mod on a Tristar C100 (CZ75 clone) with just "ok" results and have since acquired a CZ RAMI and a CZ P-07 that I’m considering some trigger mod that would make the DA pull smoother and/or a bit lighter.

1 - Has anyone done anything like this?
2 - What did you do?
3 - What was the outcome and were you happy with it?

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCarbo makes nice spring kits. Cajun stuff is better. I just did my Rami Decocker model by installing a lighter trigger and hammer spring, and polishing all metal contact surfaces(not the sear, or hammer ledges).. Ended up with a smooth as silk 3.5 pound single, and about 7 pounds double…

MCarbo makes nice spring kits. Cajun stuff is better. I just did my Rami Decocker model by installing a lighter trigger and hammer spring, and polishing all metal contact surfaces(not the sear, or hammer ledges).. Ended up with a smooth as silk 3.5 pound single, and about 7 pounds double…View attachment 6619958

That’s a beautiful RAMI…. I have the cheaper "safety version" with 2-10 rnd mags…. what springs (part numbers) did you use?…. or are they proprietary to your D model?

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This kit
DDFB1ECB-3C84-4E07-892A-155C2E36F547.png

used trigger return spring, and hammer spring. Have not put the slide parts in yet, and did not attempt to install the sear spring as I’m not sure it’s the same on the decocker model. Polish everything where metal touches metal except sear and hammer ledges.
B99720C2-7520-4938-97B7-C5B042A1947B.png

I had a Cajun kit in my p07 while I owned it. Definitely nicer than the stock omega trigger. I did up an old SP01 in a full Cajun kit when it was my backup uspsa gun and it was probably 70% as nice as my AccuShadow in regards to the trigger.

I'm thinking about upgrading the trigger on my RAMI. Would like a flat or flatter face trigger profile from the curved hook. Lighter pull and shorter reset.

Does anyone know or recommend a shop in metro ATL? Was thinking of calling GA Firing Line.

I put the CGW pro package with bushing on a cz shadow 2 and highly recommend. SA was cleaner, crisper and lighter. DA was no comparison to stock. So much lighter and smoother. Absolutely night and day difference.

I'm thinking about upgrading the trigger on my RAMI. Would like a flat or flatter face trigger profile from the curved hook. Lighter pull and shorter reset.

Does anyone know or recommend a shop in metro ATL? Was thinking of calling GA Firing Line.
Order the old 85 series trigger from CGW and do it your self. Not that hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom