• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preferred Glock mods by professionals & serious students

A couple of thoughts. I have been shooting a Glock since 93 .
I use a stock minus connector , works well ,
I agree on the smooth trigger a lot of rounds and hot ammo and the grooved trigger beats your finger up.
Sights for those that like the stock sights the factory offers metal ones for $20 . This gets you a screw on front sight that will not fall off at the wrong time . BTDT. When I had stock sights I sharpie the rear black as well it was faster
The Vickers mag catch is about the same as a catch Glock offers overseas it is in between the two they offer here.

Funny.... I used to sharpie out the rear goalpost too because it was too "busy" & I wanted to be able to focus on the front sight w/o distraction.

Monte, do you have a particular SIZE Inner Tube that you use/recommend? Thanks....mikey357

I would have to ask "shaneadams90" since he would know the specific size.
All I can say is the largest possible mountain bike tube is what I've put on dozens of guns.
I use mine fairly hard & usually get 6 months to almost a year per piece.

I have been a serious or so I tell my self lol student of the gun with thousands of rounds out most glock models and find that a good stipple job and a decent set of sights with a 25 cent trigger job your ready to go I perfer a blacked out rear and fiber optic if im able to use a white light im considering have slide work done as I power stroke the slide and find the factory serrations unsatisfactory and would like a more permanent solution than skateboard tape

I like an 8 year old front trijicon sight. The new ones are too bright, and take your focus away from the target. Old, dim, and front sight only is my preference. Aside from that, stock works just fine. I try to keep "mods" to a bare minimum.

Does anyone know if Glock will swap out a stock 'nothing' connector for a 'dot' connector (or a 'minus' connector)?

i.imgur.com_kYYXY8Z.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Generally speaking, no. They'll put a replacement minus connector in a G34/35 and a dot in a 4th gen, but usually won't sell or replace them for other guns.

Thanks for the update, the one's I'd be bringing are 4th gen. So if a 4th gen has a standard connector your understanding is they will install a dot connector on request? I'm primarily going for sights, so this would just be a nice-to-have if it works out.

Maybe... they've been inconsistent lately.

Great ideas.
I was always hating the way my G27 was sanding a hole in my kidney while IWB.
I used a 700x38c tube and cut a 1" long piece. After about 5 min. of wrestling the tube was in place and it's perfect.
It's tight enough to see the Gen 4 stippling through the rubber and the tack increases with a little palm sweat.

My kidney thanks you!

Thats what made me do it.
When that 4th Gen. texture came out (& after the bugs finally got worked out) & I tried to carry it like I did the Gen. 3, it rubbed a surprisingly large raw spot on my side.

Back
Top Bottom