• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

If that were true everyone would hate the 10mm too.
Yup.

I don't hate the round, I just don't like my guns losing 50% of their value just because of a poorly received caliber. I shot my G23 really well in 40cal, but when it came to sell it, you had to give it away. Look at Sig P229. In 40cal...it costs as much as a used Smith & Wesson M&P.

Size does matter

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
I tried .40 for a while and I shot it well. I still have a .40 and I definitely don’t want to be shot with it!!! I carry a 9mm for more capacity, less weight, easier to conceal.

Everyone is talking about recoil and number of rounds. Well I guess someone better speak to Mr Wilson, the man who needed one shot in Texas. I have four .40 cals and I am old but the recoil doesn't bother me. I hate shooting the mouse guns like the .380.

Everyone is talking about recoil and number of rounds. Well I guess someone better speak to Mr Wilson, the man who needed one shot in Texas. I have four .40 cals and I am old but the recoil doesn't bother me. I hate shooting the mouse guns like the .380.
One shot from virtually any service caliber to the brain stem is gonna end things.

If you’re planning on that extra 0.045“ to speed up a bleed out from a torso shot, I got some bad news for all y’all.

Back
Top Bottom