• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

I tried .40 for a while and I shot it well. I still have a .40 and I definitely don’t want to be shot with it!!! I carry a 9mm for more capacity, less weight, easier to conceal.
You must have something wrong with you... you made your point well, succinctly, and without saying or implying that others are stupid for their choice.

You must be scared of recoil!

That’s me! LOL

I shoot .357SIG more than all my other handgun calibers put together. Currently having a 3” .41 Magnum revolver built that I’ll use a carry piece. Fixing to have Hamilton Bowen build me a lightweight 6-shot 4.5” .41Magnum on a 3-screw .357 Magnum RBH. Love my .44 Magnums. Just never been a fan of .40S&W or 10mm. I’ve shot thousands of .40 back when it was my duty caliber.

I’ll own a 10mm one of these days.....just cuz.......

Reactions: GFB
That’s me! LOL

I shoot .357SIG more than all my other handgun calibers put together. Currently having a 3” .41 Magnum revolver built that I’ll use a carry piece. Fixing to have Hamilton Bowen build me a lightweight 6-shot 4.5” .41Magnum on a 3-screw .357 Magnum RBH. Love my .44 Magnums. Just never been a fan of .40S&W or 10mm. I’ve shot thousands of .40 back when it was my duty caliber.

I’ll own a 10mm one of these days.....just cuz.......

So you're saying 40 is too snappy?

:fish2:

Ken Ford said:
You must have something wrong with you...(Kman)
you made your point well, succinctly, and without saying or implying
that others are stupid for their choice.
Maybe (just maybe) Kman is trying to lead by example, start a new trend.

Some of the justification posts in this thread are really funny. I happen to own 3 of the “fools calibers” with 1 a fairly recent “uneducated buy”. Those along with my others, 9mm, 10mm, 45’s, I purchased because I wanted them and what others might think never played a part in my decision because I don’t give a rats ass of their opinion. Why buy based on what someone else says without first hand experience. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom