• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead.....OD

On the other hand, I do have the capacity to feel sympathy for those that survived him and regret that his actions killed him. Sorry for you if that's beyond your emotional range.

I'm sorry for his family and friends.
You were saying?....

"This is another example of society's willingness to eliminate personal responsbility from our collective thinking. Everyone is a victim."

Not really.
That would be a separate point wouldn't it? I already stated I don't view him as a victim. Apparently some do with the boo-hooing going on. He was not a 'victim' of addiction. His family and friends? Sure. He made poor choices and simply lived the results of those choices. You "regret that HIS actions killed him"? Really? Because he can't control his own actions? Maybe he was kidnapped and forced to try heroin that first time? :confused: Like I said... everyone is a victim and no one values or apparently even appreciates personal responsibility.... what a country... :tsk:

You were saying?....

That would be a separate point wouldn't it? I already stated I don't view him as a victim. Apparently some do with the boo-hooing going on. He was not a 'victim' of addiction. His family and friends? Sure. He made poor choices and simply lived the results of those choices. You "regret that HIS actions killed him"? Really? Because he can't control his own actions? Maybe he was kidnapped and forced to try heroin that first time? :confused: Like I said... everyone is a victim and no one values or apparently even appreciates personal responsibility.... what a country... :tsk:

You really are wired a little different. Again you seem to have no ability to make the connection that you can feel regret for the results of a person's action without alleviating them for the responsibility of those actions. WTF?

I regret that Stalin killed millions of people. Does that mean I don't hold him responsible for it? :wacko:

You really are wired a little different. Again you seem to have no ability to make the connection that you can feel regret for the results of a person's action without alleviating them for the responsibility of those actions. WTF?

I regret that Stalin killed millions of people. Does that mean I don't hold him responsible for it? :wacko:
Wow, talk about apples and oranges. Yes, millions of innocent VICTIMS being MURDERED is something tragic to feel saddened over. An actor taking drugs of his own free will and then dyiing as a result..., nope. Yeah, I guess I am wired differently. :wacko:
Again, I appreciate EVERYONE enjoying the benefit of their own actions, good and bad. Well that and I don't put Hollywood actors on a pedestal for playing make believe for a living (not saying you do, but obviously many do which makes his death so much more 'tragic' than the no name junkie at room temperature laying next to the dumpster?).

Last edited:
Women cry over and defend OD'd Hollywood actors regardless of time of the month.

I don't see it that way. As a matter of fact, I highly doubt anyone is defending the use of heroin, or bad decisions. I think it has a lot to do with the attitude of some, and the attitude towards those who have died as a result of poor judgment. I didn't know Mr. Hoffman or his character as a person. I am not going to make judgements. I think sometimes its best not to say anything if you don't have anything nice to say, as the saying goes.

I wouldn't show up at the guy's funeral saying "good riddance", "I don't feel bad at all" or something of that effect.

Back
Top Bottom