• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead.....OD

I don't see it that way. As a matter of fact, I highly doubt anyone is defending the use of heroin, or bad decisions. I think it has a lot to do with the attitude of some, and the attitude towards those who have died as a result of poor judgment. I didn't know Mr. Hoffman or his character as a person. I am not going to make judgements. I think sometimes its best not to say anything if you don't have anything nice to say, as the saying goes.

I wouldn't show up at the guy's funeral saying "good riddance", "I don't feel bad at all" or something of that effect.
I agree in part. But this isn't his funeral is it? It's a gun forum where a bunch of guys view the death of a junkie as worth the time of day because he played make believe (occasionally convincingly) for a living.
I never met him either but this is one thing I know about him for sure... he wasn't addicted to drugs until he decided of his own free will to use them the first time. He won the prize.

Wow, talk about apples and oranges. Yes, millions of innocent VICTIMS being MURDERED is something tragic to feel saddened over. An actor taking drugs of his own free wheel and then dyiing as a result..., nope. Yeah, I guess I am wired differently. :wacko:
Again, I appreciate EVERYONE enjoying the benefit of their own actions, good and bad. Well that and I don't put Hollywood actors on a pedestal for playing make believe for a living (not saying you do, but obviously many do which makes his death so much more 'tragic' than the no name junkie at room temperature laying next to the dumpster?).

OK, you win. It's completely reasonable to not give a rat's ass about another human life if they lived it in a way that you don't approve of.

Wow, talk about apples and oranges. Yes, millions of innocent VICTIMS being MURDERED is something tragic to feel saddened over. An actor taking drugs of his own free wheel and then dyiing as a result..., nope. Yeah, I guess I am wired differently. :wacko:
Again, I appreciate EVERYONE enjoying the benefit of their own actions, good and bad. Well that and I don't put Hollywood actors on a pedestal for playing make believe for a living (not saying you do, but obviously many do which makes his death so much more 'tragic' than the no name junkie at room temperature laying next to the dumpster?).

I'm wired like him ^ I guess

I agree in part. But this isn't his funeral is it? It's a gun forum where a bunch of guys view the death of an anti-gun junkie as worth the time of day because he played make believe (occasionally convincingly) for a living.
I never met him either but this is one thing I know about him for sure... he wasn't addicted to drugs until he decided of his own free will to use them the first time. He won the prize.

FIFY

Back
Top Bottom