• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead.....OD

Then I can't figure out why you are so bent out of shape about people considering the death of a famous actor that many thought had been very skilled at his job to be tragic. Though he made poor choices, he did nothing that deserved a young death. Are you truly so holier than thou that you disapprove of people looking at this situation and saying "Man, that's f'd up."?

He was really good at memorizing lines and reciting them with conviction and a lot of profanity. He was not good at being a father. He was not good at being a junkie unless the OD was intentional. In that case he was good at suicide. Sad yes, tragic no.

Then I can't figure out why you are so bent out of shape about people considering the death of a famous actor that many thought had been very skilled at his job to be tragic. Though he made poor choices, he did nothing that deserved a young death. Are you truly so holier than thou that you disapprove of people looking at this situation and saying "Man, that's f'd up."?
You keep taking shots at me for disagreeing with your sorrow and sense of tragedy. I don't get it. Look feel as awful as you want. I don't. Not sure why that's skin off your nose. To me he was a junkie that got the predictable. I feel no more or less sorrow for him than I do for any other junkie. While he may deserve less sorrow for throwing away what many only dream of having, I don't hold that against him. What is the heroin bag count found in his room up to now anyway? 75+ or something?
A family getting wiped out by a drunk driver is tragic. A child with a terminal disease is tragic. A junkie OD'ing is just 'meh'. Perhaps it's an 'innocence' thing for me. If you are innocent and die an untimely death, it's tragic. If you are guilty of your own demise, I respect your right to enjoy the benefits of your actions... it is what it is (again for the person, NOT for their family and friends...)

Back
Top Bottom