• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead.....OD

Welcome to the insensitive bastige club.... I guess.

Can I run for president of said club because honestly I thought you were being too nice. The only reason anyone gives a "rat's ass" about this particular junkie is because he appeared on the idiot box before them. Drug addicts are dying every day in this country, and are they any less tragic???

Right now we have a corrupt government (BOTH SIDES) leading the sheep around by the nose engaging them in some idiotic debate to legalize this crap. Meanwhile the sheeple fall for this moronic distraction, and the corrupt government continues to destroy the country. Instead of worrying about legalizing drugs how about placing the stigma on drugs that it deserves - you do drugs, then you are an idiot - kind of like the whole cigarette thing...

Can I run for president of said club because honestly I thought you were being too nice. The only reason anyone gives a "rat's ass" about this particular junkie is because he appeared on the idiot box before them. Drug addicts are dying every day in this country, and are they any less tragic???

Right now we have a corrupt government (BOTH SIDES) leading the sheep around by the nose engaging them in some idiotic debate to legalize this crap. Meanwhile the sheeple fall for this moronic distraction, and the corrupt government continues to destroy the country. Instead of worrying about legalizing drugs how about placing the stigma on drugs that it deserves - you do drugs, then you are an idiot - kind of like the whole cigarette thing...
I'm inhaling what you're smokin'.....

Since alcohol has killed millions more than "drugs" ever did, maybe we should reboot the National Prohibition Act of 1919 and really get to cracking on all these folks looking for a reason to alter their perception of reality. They are bad, bad people....heck the money saved on heart and liver damage, domestic assaults, lost time at work and on and on and on will reboot the economy like no other domestic action.....heck Baton even you can save a few bucks on wine :)

Oh that's right, that was a total failure just as is the "war on drugs" since it's inception LOL....

I know good people with addiction problems that have died by their own hand.......it saddens me every time I hear of a similar death.

Hoffman was sober 23 years of his adult life. He won some battles and lost the war.

RIP Capt. Drennan Browne, US Army Infantry, RVN

Last edited:
For all you guys that think it's a waist of time to have a little sympathy for this guy, you sure do spend a lot of time and effort condemning a dead man.

Sad. Sad for the kids that this junkie exposed to his life of drug idolatry. No telling how many times he brought his junkie friends and dealers around his children. It's too late for him. Time for his family to focus on the kids and help them overcome the damage he caused them. While insensitive, "good riddance" applies since his kids are better off without a dad who cared more about getting high than making sure they were taken care of.

Since alcohol has killed millions more than "drugs" ever did, maybe we should reboot the National Prohibition Act of 1919 and really get to cracking on all these folks looking for a reason to alter their perception of reality. They are bad, bad people....heck the money saved on heart and liver damage, domestic assaults, lost time at work and on and on and on will reboot the economy like no other domestic action.....heck Baton even you can save a few bucks on wine :)

Oh that's right, that was a total failure just as is the "war on drugs" since it's inception LOL....

I know good people with addiction problems that have died by their own hand.......it saddens me every time I hear of a similar death.

Hoffman was sober 23 years of his adult life. He won some battles and lost the war.

RIP Capt. Drennan Browne, US Army Infantry, RVN

I do not care about the so-called war on drugs. It is a distraction, and it comes behind a long list of much more important problems, and that is the reason why I never even bother debating the asinine subject.

I was simply commenting on this thread. Hollywood glamorizes this crap daily. These people play make believe, make millions doing it, and then live out of control lives. The vast majority of them are pathetic, but what is even more pathetic is how we the country elevate them on a pedestal while they laugh at our stupidity.

As you said people die every day because of addictions, and I have known quite a few. It is very sad fact of life, but how about instead of elevating one of the strongest proponents of this type of behavior (Hollywood), we instead ridicule them for the fools they are. Personally I gave up my cable long ago, and I only spend my money on artists who do not wish to take away my 2A rights, among other things...YMMV

I was once at the hospital because my mother is old and fell down the stairs.

I went to the car to get something and I went past the ER entrance. They were admitting a kid, about age 17. He was in a hospital provided wheelchair. He was motionless with his eyes open. A vegetable. His father was leaning down right at his face and was yelling "ALEX, WHAT DID YOU TAKE???" No response. Just a vegetable face. When I returned to my mother's hospital room I noticed they had the kid on a stretcher with all the amenities, IV and breathing mask and seemed fully unconscious. I'm sure it was heroin or some popular synthetic drug. Probably died.

What gets me is how people elevate these celebrities, that their wealth and popularity makes them more knowledgeable and analytic than anyone else. That celebrities can influence and groom public opinion, and thereby the future, just by opening their mouth. But as the saying goes "might equals right".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom