• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead.....OD

He cought the dragon. He was a great actor. I read some place there was a batch of "bad" herion going around that had killed several addicts lately. Supposedly he had been clean for years but a recent prescription to pain killers sent him back over the edge. Pills are the damn devil.

da **** are you going on about?

since when did big macs= heroin

maybe if i ingested a number 4 with an extra side of PCP that analogy would make sense

id much rather have sympathy for people with a genetic issue or gets hit by a bus than someone who takes a highly addictive and expensive opiate known to kill which is forcibly entered into someones system intravenously

I know. Just messing with you. :boink: LOL

A bad thing did not 'happen' to him. HE DID IT TO HIMSELF. If he got struck by lighting, I'd feel bad for him (Assuming he wasn't running around on a roof top with a lighting rod in his hand). Every death, untimely or not, is not a tragedy. Some times, it's simply the natural and predictable end to a series of choices individuals make. Nothing more, northing less. This is another example of society's willingness to eliminate personal responsbility from our collective thinking. Everyone is a victim. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about alleviating responsibility or making him a victim? Your view seems to be very narrow. It excludes the possibility of sympathy for or recognition of the tragic results caused by a person's bad choices.

On the other hand, I do have the capacity to feel sympathy for those that survived him and regret that his actions killed him. Sorry for you if that's beyond your emotional range.

BTW, he died. Regardless of what caused it, that's a bad thing happening to him. Now we can bog this down in semantics if you like, but it's a common phrase.

Last edited:
Well that stinks, one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a movie was him playing basketball on along came polly. LET IT RAIN!!!!!!

trag·e·dy
ˈtrajidē/
noun
noun: tragedy; plural noun: tragedies

an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.

NOT a tragedy, unless there's another definition I'm not familiar with. :confused: I always respect people's right to the consequence of their own actions whatever they are. He played make believe for a living and chose to do illegal drugs (seems the two too often go hand in hand). I enjoyed some of his work. I'm sorry for his family and friends.

Who said anything about alleviating responsibility or making him a victim? Your view seems to be very narrow. It excludes the possibility of sympathy for or recognition of the tragic results caused by a person's bad choices.

On the other hand, I do have the capacity to feel sympathy for those that survived him and regret that his actions killed him. Sorry for you if that's beyond your emotional range.

BTW, he died. Regardless of what caused it, that's a bad thing happening to him. Now we can bog this down in semantics if you like, but it's a common phrase.
Apparently you are addressing someone else. Carry on....

Back
Top Bottom