• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OPTICS PLANET SUCKS

I'm hit or miss with them. They are super tricky about their in stock and their "in stock" (backorder). I've gotten some solid deals through them but overall I generally shop elsewhere. The one time I dealt with their Customer Service however was actually fine though so sorry to hear about your issues.

Reactions: Edy
They are a drop shipper. That's how it works.

If you want it next day, order from Amazon. I have stuff that I ordered prior to Black Friday that has yet to ship from reputable companies (not Optics Planet). Just how it works sometimes.
Did you get your Trump Glock wrap yet?

anyone have experience with optics planet??? I have been dealing with them for over 2 weeks and it is absolutely horrible. Have not been able to talk to one person yet, my emails arent being responded too. ordered an instock item and now its saying its backordered wont process my order until payment verification is done but when I try to go through their process to do so I get no response and is super delayed, still not processed................ this is my first time ordering from them and you'd think they'd want my 1300 dollars. rant done

Call Optics planet with the number on the website and then select the key prompts to BUY an item. a representative will pick up very quickly,then tell them what your issue is with your previous order number. they should be able to help you out. This is the only way I was able to speak to a rep with my last order issue...it worked great. Good luck !

So I got an email about the Vortex Uh-1 Gen II being in stock at 11pm last night. I immediately opened OpticsPlanet and, sure enough, it says IN STOCK. That's the first place I've seen have it since the optic hit the market.

So I add to cart, purchase it, get a confirmation email and a "processing for shipment" email. I got another "awaiting shipment" email this morning. Around 3pm I get the "we don't know when it'll be in stock" email. So I emailed them pissed off and asked how many did they ship. They responded none because the item is on backorder. So I asked why the hell does it say IN STOCK then? All I got was repeated apologies and no explanation. I told them cancel the dang order. I checked the website today and NOW it says "back order".

anyone have experience with optics planet??? I have been dealing with them for over 2 weeks and it is absolutely horrible. Have not been able to talk to one person yet, my emails arent being responded too. ordered an instock item and now its saying its backordered wont process my order until payment verification is done but when I try to go through their process to do so I get no response and is super delayed, still not processed................ this is my first time ordering from them and you'd think they'd want my 1300 dollars. rant done

I have found them to be variable- sometimes an order processes through and sometimes not. I have placed four orders with them this year and only had to cancel one which was for some Ruger mags when their labeled "In Stock" verification listed a short shipping window. After placing the order and a day or two later, "backorder" was listed with an indefinite time. I sent an email to cancel the order for not being in stock and a couple of days later, I got a reply that the order was canceled. In the email, it was listed that they would not charge my card until the item shipped. In this COVID era, I have had to get used to a minimum of two weeks of processing time with just about every online vendor. One thing I do like about them is that they provide free shipping.

I ordered a magpul AFG from them and it took so long to get it that I forgot I ordered it! I got a package one day and thought a family member got me a gift! Lol
I felt that way when I received my Sig Minimalist Folding Stock from Optics Planet. I thought, "Wow! Who even knew I needed this for my Brownell's AR180?" LOL!

Back
Top Bottom