• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OPTICS PLANET SUCKS

Edy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
anyone have experience with optics planet??? I have been dealing with them for over 2 weeks and it is absolutely horrible. Have not been able to talk to one person yet, my emails arent being responded too. ordered an instock item and now its saying its backordered wont process my order until payment verification is done but when I try to go through their process to do so I get no response and is super delayed, still not processed................ this is my first time ordering from them and you'd think they'd want my 1300 dollars. rant done

Same deal for me. Ordered an in stock item. Three days later check status du to no shipping confirmation email and i see its on back order. Took about two days to get the cancelation confirmation. It had been a year or so though since I had used them and dont remember any problems till now.

I have been doing business with them for well over 7 years and have never had one issue. Prices are more than competitive, orders arrive quick and are correct and any issues I have had were resolved very quickly. You must have just hit someone having a bad day and botched the order up. I am sure it was just a stupid mistake that's complicated to correct because most of the time they are spot on. I couldn't even begin to count the number of items I have purchased from them. Everything from scopes, stocks, flash suppressors and a host of other gun parts and accessories.

I think there are a bunch of things going on:

1) Overwhelming volume of orders for most firearm related products right now.
2) Lots of out-of-stock situations.
3) All of the delivery companies are overmatched by the volume they are dealing with. Packages delayed, going missing, etc.
4) Pandemic, real or not, makes everything harder: Lockdowns, sick employees, sick relatives, employees not sick but afraid of getting sick, etc.

Just hang in there. If there is one to be had they will have it or get it they will make good on it. Just remember that everything is screwed up due to covid-19. Shipping, decreased man power and on down the line. We all just need to remember that nothing is running the way it use to and the way we are use to having it done.

What I said and rbstern outlined it perfectly. He hit the nail right on the head. I ordered some blueing liquid for aluminum from some other place and finally just gave up hope. It just came the other day and that was a month and a half ago for one little bottle of blueing liquid.

Back
Top Bottom