• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

OK, what would you do??

I bought a rifle on here a couple of years ago that was advertised as a good shooter too. I then found out that it had a f**ked trigger and a couple other small problems that would not allow the bolt to fully cycle and trigger to reset. I contacted the member and he agreed to send me a new trigger but never did. It’s the only negative feedback I have posted. I ended up fixing it myself and enjoyed the rifle. Anyone who is going to advertise something as what it isn’t is probably going to be a piece of s**t and not work with you in refunding or replacing. That is just my opinion.

"Oh quit yer whinin'! The right barrel shoots juss fine! What kind a sportsman you thank you are needing two shots nohow?"

I'd ask for a return and refund in full including shipping and tranfer fees. The issues you describe mean the item "is not as described" and would have been known to a reasonable gun seller. How did the ad copy read?

I'd try a blend of what's been offered here. They clearly want the gun sold and you clearly want to have the gun. All fees and shipping are now paid/gone so that's water over the dam for the seller. Negotiate the repair with them, with the understanding you can demand a full refund if they don't. Could both end up happy. Maybe they knew, maybe they didn't. What you need now is a working gun.

I'd try a blend of what's been offered here. They clearly want the gun sold and you clearly want to have the gun. All fees and shipping are now paid/gone so that's water over the dam for the seller. Negotiate the repair with them, with the understanding you can demand a full refund if they don't. Could both end up happy. Maybe they knew, maybe they didn't. What you need now is a working gun.

This approach offers a win/win solution that could have you enjoying your repaired shotgun hassle free.

UPDATE.....Called seller this morning, they are paying for me to ship the gun back. I also notified my bank of the situation and am reserving my rights at this point to dispute the sale and get a refund from the bank. They admitted they didn't check it at all....a simple open/close and dry fire both triggers would have revealed the problem...but they are in the city, don't have a place to shoot guns, etc. So far, so good, we shall see.

Thanks to all that responded.

PAY FOR GUN DEALS WITH CREDIT CARDS, PROTECT YOUR ASS.

Back
Top Bottom