• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OK, what would you do??

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Bought a used sxs 12 gauge off Gunbroker, picked up gun today, left barrel trigger doesn't cock or fire, trigger basically locked in place. Left barrel firing pin is broken, sheared off, missing.

I wisely paid with a credit card, so I have that "protection". I will contact seller in NC tomorrow. I will have to pay to ship it back to them. Should they give me all my money back?? Or everything except return shipping charge? What about the FFL fee on "my end"?

The gun was advertised as a "good shooter". None of the pictures showed the breech face or broken/missing firing pin.

OK, fellow ODTers what is my best course of action???

Demand full refund of all costs incurred. If they refuse some charges take it up with CC company to recoup as much as you can. This is negotiating from here on out. Let's say for simplicity sake your total costs are $100. If you demand $100 and get 90% back you recoup $90. If you demand $75 and get 100% you still recoup less at the end of the day. Negotiate from a position of strength, don't start out with concessions already baked in.

Demand full refund of all costs incurred. If they refuse some charges take it up with CC company to recoup as much as you can. This is negotiating from here on out. Let's say for simplicity sake your total costs are $100. If you demand $100 and get 90% back you recoup $90. If you demand $75 and get 100% you still recoup less at the end of the day. Negotiate from a position of strength, don't start out with concessions already baked in.

aaahhhh.....the Art of the Deal, so to speak. Seems I have heard this before.

Back
Top Bottom