• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ok ,gold,silver or ammo you pick one

I suggest you give it some thought and craft your own plan for survival. It’s not likely that a SHTF scenario would last very long. I’m thinking 30 – 60 days. In that time the dust will settle or you will have to move on and God help us all.
I still trade guns for gold, etc.

So true about crafting you own plan. Hope you are right about the duration a SHTF scenario lasting 30-60 days. It all depends on the situation at and how the population responds. Too many people have "it will not happen here" mentality....which leads to panic....people that panic do stupid things....stupid things make the situation worse.

Last edited:
Papers that Say you Own Gold and Silver won't be worth the Paper it's written on. If you don't have it in your hand or at your house it'll be worthless in a SHTF scenario. In a true Bug out situation are you Going to Load Gold & Silver and Leave Ammo behind? I'd personally want all the extra Ammo I can Load up and take along with me. Your talking Life or Death now, and G&S aint going stop someone from taking it from you, if you don't have the Ammo to defend your Lives.

I don't see what use silver and gold would be in any major event, either economic or zombie downfall. If the American dollars becomes worthless or zombies take over the world the gold and silver will still be as worthless as the paper, there will be no stores to go to to buy supplies with your silver as there will be nobody working on manufacturing products to go in them anymore since nobody is going to be willing to work for a worthless dollar. They say a loaf of bread will cost $1000 dollars if the dollar crumbles but what good is it since there will be nobody working to make that loaf of bread for you. If I have a bunch of food and you come running up to me with some silver wanting some I would laugh at you and walk away, I can't eat that. If I have a bunch of food and you come running up with an AK pointed at me then that would be a differant story, I'd trade 10 cans of beans and a bag of rice for that AK and might throw in a gallon of bottled water. If it comes between rare metals or guns and ammo I would have to go with guns and ammo since they would retain more value in a real SHTF event, gold and silver may be a good investment for the future but not in a every man for himself situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom