• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ok ,gold,silver or ammo you pick one

Wait you mean I can not hunt with gold nor silver? You mean I have to give up my hobby of werewolf hunting? And I understand that Bigfoot requires golden bullets.

Guy comes to you with an empty gun. Wants to trade food for some ammo. You trade him and he shoots you with the ammo you just traded him and still has his food................Gold and other precious metals only have value when it is based on other commodities. There are societies all over the world that have had tons of gold but it had very little value to them personally. Most Native American tribes valued gold and silver as something to make statues or jewelry from but the things they used for currency had nothing to do with gold or silver. In a true survival situation, tools, food, weapons and things that directly affect your quality of life hold much more value than some shiny metal.

Gold is and investment, same as ammo.
You should not be myopic when it comes to investments.
It is smart to diversify.

Thank you for your insight. I have diversified, I have many calibers stock piled for the future collapse of the economy as we know it. My present short term investments are in many different types of income bearing stocks, bonds and some precious metals that were bought years ago as long term, then converted and now are being used as intended since I am retired.

Gold has gone up in price by huge amount over a few years, ammo has tripled virtually overnight.

I do not intend to trade ammo with someone I do not trust with my life already. IF I should happen to go tradin with someone I aint 100% certain of you can best believe that there will be a few arms trained on the right partie(s).

if you think about it ammo has beat gold in cost per 50cents a round for 556 9mm 3 to 400 per 1000 thats twice the pre-panic cost. has gold or silver jumped as well in cost?

Back
Top Bottom