• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ok ,gold,silver or ammo you pick one

zombie_apocolypse

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
40   0
Reaction score
hi
this just bugs me .
i seen post with people wanting to trade firearms for gold and silver .
i want to know why you think that is a good choose and why personally i would barter with and for ammo.
i tried to buy milk at walmart with gold they would not take it but i bet if i dropped a $20 silver coin at the cashier she would give face value right. i never try to use silver or gold to hunt with have you?
if it all goes to hell gold and silver would not be worth any thing you can't eat it you can't defend your self with it you can't hunt with it.
so i ask
gold
silver
ammo

Bear in mind that not everyone is stocking up for the zombie apocolypse. There are a good number of folks that have realized that life pretty much goes on like it did the previous day most of the time. I am 35 and haven't been in a shtf situation throughout my entire life...not saying it couldn't happen but...... If I can get a good price on precious metals it is in my interest to do so. I am not neccesarily going to try to eat it or hunt with it, but it is wise to have some diversification. I also like to have cash on hand, as you mentioned it is easier to assign value. As a matter of fact, just today I exchanged a 20 dollar bill for some food at Publix. :)

Gold & silver have had intrinsic value as a form of currency longer than any other form of "paper" currency in existence.
It has been a medium of exchange since about the beginning of recorded time and will be long after we're all gone.
But I hear you, you can't eat it (although some people do "eat" silver).

Gosh drtybykr , consider it done. Ima goin' to the mall to get one of those two piece heart pendants right now!

I make a mean bacon wrapped ribeye too, hey I used to be 100% carnivore.

Back
Top Bottom