• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ok ,gold,silver or ammo you pick one

Buy low, sell high.

Guns are higher now than ever, smart folks are selling.

Silver is lower than it has been in two or three years, time to buy.

Also, paper money is going to be worthless if the dollar fails

Bear in mind that not everyone is stocking up for the zombie apocolypse. There are a good number of folks that have realized that life pretty much goes on like it did the previous day most of the time. I am 35 and haven't been in a shtf situation throughout my entire life...not saying it couldn't happen but...... If I can get a good price on precious metals it is in my interest to do so. I am not neccesarily going to try to eat it or hunt with it, but it is wise to have some diversification. I also like to have cash on hand, as you mentioned it is easier to assign value. As a matter of fact, just today I exchanged a 20 dollar bill for some food at Publix. :)

They have Publix in Germany? Who knew..

Metals are only as useful as the metals properties itself. My point is that if the world goes to crap then gold and silver will have no value. In fact it has no value except for the electrical properties it holds and the value that people give to it. What I mean by this is that if you plan to invest in metals then you plan to profit from metals. If you invest in ammo (or other physical goods) then you are investing in the future of your life. Not a financial investment but, an investment towards the future.

Note I do think investing in metals is good but, the the world ended tonight then gold and silver would not have much use. Just my 2 cents

been carrying a few silver .999 bars in my pocket for a while... met a silversmith today that i could have sold them all for today's melt value- no question

i ended up trading one for a little bit of silver necklace repair, and a new custom sterling necklace charm- 50.00 value to me

silver's under 30/oz right now... it'll hit 40+ again soon i hope

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned several times already, but I believe silver and gold will have varying value after the SHTF. Initially, after people realize the dollar is worthless, many will probably accept precious metals in trade for other items. The people who would be willing to do this would be the ones who believe things will return to normal in a relatively short period of time.

If the SHTF situation remains bad, there will be a "survival only" period where silver and gold would be virtually worthless. During this period society may devolve into an agrarian system. Once the survivors of this period settle into an economy based on barter, I can see silver and gold returning as a means to ease trade. Local currencies made from silver or gold could even emerge, who knows.

I will probably try to have a little silver on hand in case I need more supplies in the early days of post-SHTF.

As for ammo, I would only trade it with people I know and trust. I would not want to arm anyone who may use it against me.

Back
Top Bottom