• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Offshore Fishing

just got back yesterday from my trip over to st simons....got a mixed bag when we took the boat out through the inlets around sea island and st simons.....three redfish, two big black drums, a few black seabass, some sheepshead, a BUNCH of whiting, a small bonnethead shark, and even a small southern stingray that ended up on the line...i will post some pictures as soon as i get them developed (cheapo disposable camera)

I fish in Sapelo sound regularly. We pull up near the rock pile at the mouth of the sound and catch loads of whiting this time of year. Great eating. I'm going out with my Dad Saturday. He had quadruple bypass this last fall and we almost lost him so I've really been looking forward to him getting his strength back and warm enough weather to take him out. I am down there a bunch during the summer months and I love fishing but I like the seasons to change so I can do some hunting to. We're blessed here in Ga to have so many resources so close. Year round fun.

I fish in Sapelo sound regularly. We pull up near the rock pile at the mouth of the sound and catch loads of whiting this time of year. Great eating. I'm going out with my Dad Saturday. He had quadruple bypass this last fall and we almost lost him so I've really been looking forward to him getting his strength back and warm enough weather to take him out. I am down there a bunch during the summer months and I love fishing but I like the seasons to change so I can do some hunting to. We're blessed here in Ga to have so many resources so close. Year round fun.

Definitely lucky to be in one of the greatest states in the country for fish and game. Sapelo sound is great fishing. One day im going to buy a condo down there (st simons area). Just too much great history and of course great fishing. Atlanta is getting way overrun.

Definitely lucky to be in one of the greatest states in the country for fish and game. Sapelo sound is great fishing. One day im going to buy a condo down there (st simons area). Just too much great history and of course great fishing. Atlanta is getting way overrun.

Great memories fishing Sapelo Sound with my dad and brother! I will be in St Simmon next week looking at property......Maybe turn it into an ODT retreat if I can find something within my price range.

Great memories fishing Sapelo Sound with my dad and brother! I will be in St Simmon next week looking at property......Maybe turn it into an ODT retreat if I can find something within my price range.

thats awesome, im looking at condos down there in the next few years, Dunbar Creek in the marsh has huge amounts of speckled trout...and not to mention all the species offshore

As do I , we just got back from a trip, Im having trouble posting pictures, but maybe if Espartis is kind enough or sees this post, lol, then he might post a picture of our group! We had a blast

These are the boats that are designed to take big water and large waves. They range from 20 feet and up, and they have a significant dead rise, often over 20 degrees. That dead rise gives them the ability to cut into a wave rather than pounding on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom