• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing the coast

Truck123

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I've never fished off the ga coast but coming back from Savannah this weekend me and my wife got to talking about it. Any body have any recommendations on where to.go, we will be fishing out of kayaks .

I usually do catch and release on the reds. I keep the whiting and crokers for bait. Both are good eats but the big ones are fun to catch.

Attachments

• IMG_6412(1).jpg
    IMG_6412(1).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6402(1).jpg
    IMG_6402(1).jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 15
I went kayak fishing and camped on Little Tybee Island years ago. Caught a sea trout and a sting ray. The ray tasted like mud. It was a fun experience but I much preferred the deep sea fishing trip I went on last summer in Alabama. Caught red snapper, fought dolphins, water was super choppy, had a blast!

The shark fishing off the pier and in the surf can be off the charts at certain times at St. Simon and Jekyll Island.
We were catching small hammerheads (3') off the south end of Jekyll a few years ago. Lost count on how many.
Pretty good whiting fishing on St. Simon beach.
Keep a look out for the sharks. I read somewhere that the waters between St. Simon & Jekyll are some of the prime breeding waters for multiple species of sharks.

Back
Top Bottom