• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Offshore Fishing

yeah these regulations dont really apply to us......

I'm planning on pulling atleast enough fish to fill my massive ****ing cooler!

Have fun with that, nothing like looking off in the distance and realizing that flash of glass reflected at you is Florida Fish and wildlife. Just setting there watching you fish, makes your mind run over everything you have caught even when you know that your 100% legal!

yeah i just dont think the regulations are stuck to 2 fish a day...maybe 2 fish of a certain kind a day depending on the season...guess i'll have to catch as many different as i can!

Going this weekend down to the coast on st. simons. I have a buddy who has a nice center console. My brother and I are gonna do a little trip. Should be fun.

I love offshore fishing, but it does not like me. 90% of the time I go the weather turns to CAARRAAPP!!!! Seriously, I have given up on it. Inshore and flats is all I do now. I'm not superstitious about anything else, but I absolutely believe that Neptune is out to get me. LOL. The last time I went was in a 34 footer and we were taking swells breaking over the bow and dumping a lot of water into the boat....for hours. Thank God for good bilge pumps! There were guys that got so sea sick it looked like they were dead.

We had a storm push through on our last trip but it didn't last long. Some large waves but not bad the really cool part was those waterspout tornadoes about a half mile from us. looked something like this

i52.tinypic.com_34fmib6.jpg

We had a storm push through on our last trip but it didn't last long. Some large waves but not bad the really cool part was those waterspout tornadoes about a half mile from us. looked something like this

i52.tinypic.com_34fmib6.jpg

I've never seen this, but if I go again I'll probably get hit by one. LOL!

we used to go alot, usually it was me, my father, his business partner and his son, who is my age...we would usually be out about 75 miles trolling for various species. Never one to ever get sick, but there was this one time when we left the harbor and there were choppy waves mixed in with 20-25 foot swells. The swells didnt so much bother me, but when we started motoring pretty hard, we hit the choppy waves as well and it was slamming everything all over the place....had to do it though...but it wasnt easy at 3 in the morning after a night of drinks on the boat....that was a rough one

Back
Top Bottom