• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

OA requested to see NFA stamp

AO's range owns your spent shell casing don't they?

Yeah, I'll never darken that range.

Hey biker_bill biker_bill , what's your range's rules on pistol braces? If you saw someone shoulder one (which would magically turn a pistol into an SBR) would you ask them for their paperwork or ask them to leave? Would you call the ATF if they didn't have paperwork or admitted it was a pistol?

Happens now and then ; I'd smile and say, "Is that a pistol brace?". They smile, say yes, and get it out of their shoulder. (Because they KNOW I would do the same thing if the places were reversed. That's the part you really need to understand about running a range, mutual respect goes a long ways. )

I walk away to check another range and what happens behind me, I don't know." Maybe he puts it back in his shoulder maybe he doesn't, but (because of mutual respect) I'm sure the next time he sees me coming, he'll get to playing by the rules again. A gentle reminder is all that's needed for something like that. You would be surprised how well a gentle reminder works for everybody. We all screw up, we all know we all screw up. When I'm screwing up whatever you do don't yell at me, I'm a Marine and in my mind yelling precedes a fight and I'm not going to be the last one to throw a punch. Yelling solves nothing.

So I NEVER, EVER raise my voice, except once when someone really scared me and I couldn't cover the ground between us fast enough.

Happens now and then ; I'd smile and say, "Is that a pistol brace?". They smile, say yes, and get it out of their shoulder. (Because they KNOW I would do the same thing if the places were reversed. That's the part you really need to understand about running a range, mutual respect goes a long ways. )

I walk away to check another range and what happens behind me, I don't know." Maybe he puts it back in his shoulder maybe he doesn't, but (because of mutual respect) I'm sure the next time he sees me coming, he'll get to playing by the rules again. A gentle reminder is all that's needed for something like that. You would be surprised how well a gentle reminder works for everybody. We all screw up, we all know we all screw up, I've screwed up plenty. When I'm screwing up whatever you do don't yell at me. So I NEVER raise my voice, except once when someone really scared me and I couldn't cover the ground between us fast enough.

What's the name of your range?

Sounds unsafe to me.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160606_bf8d441e564648371f5ef9ebb969fe17.jpg

That range really sucks. I want a RO to due their duty; to make it a safe range. They have no business checking my NFA items... but they do anyway... and it is their range. So in the end I chose not to go to places where "little men" get their ONLY sense of power!

So in the end I chose not to go to places where "little men" get their ONLY sense of power!

Hey, that happens all the time on ODT. Just check out the all the experts, warriors and internet tough guys on ODT. I will not mention the MODS. I will not. lol

I guess I am just very fortunate to have a few different places that I am able to shoot on private property without having to worry about any of the issues that arise with going to public ranges. I feel much safer and I never have to make threads complaining about what just happened at the range. :bounce:

I guess I am just very fortunate to have a few different places that I am able to shoot on private property without having to worry about any of the issues that arise with going to public ranges. I feel much safer and I never have to make threads complaining about what just happened at the range. :bounce:

I enjoy a safe environment when I'm shooting, especially when my wife, children or grand children are with me. Life's dangerous enough at 60, I don't need to tempt fate, lol.

Back
Top Bottom