• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with wasr AK

Take some FINE grit valve grinding compound, slather it all on the rails, ejector rail and bolt carrier where the parts meet up. Work the action 10-15 times and clean it up with carb cleaner. Oil it with some light oil and shoot it...see if it helps

Take some FINE grit valve grinding compound, slather it all on the rails, ejector rail and bolt carrier where the parts meet up. Work the action 10-15 times and clean it up with carb cleaner. Oil it with some light oil and shoot it...see if it helps
thats all been done but thank you for the thought

ok I am thinking that it is short stroking and it might be due to some gummy buildup in the gas tube so I cleaned it all out and fingers crossed I will be dumping mags like a boss tomorrow

it was caked up with a bunch of crud and it was stickey/gummy so I let it soak in a container of slip 2000 carbon killer (green bottle) which is amazing on pistol barrels if anyone has never tried it its amazing!!!!

I will let everyone know how she works. I have a steel mag, us palm, and polish polimer mag ready to go just to make sure its not mag related

not sure on the make of the steel mag but it is still jamming but I am one step closer to fixing it.... it is short stroking and although cleaning the gas tube did lower the number of jams it still jams and I believe it is due to the super tight lock up of the bolt when it goes into full batery so when I fire off a shot it takes half of the energy just taking it out of battery which wouldnt always throw the bolt far enough back to get behind the rounds to chamber it all the way in

Back
Top Bottom