• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with wasr AK

Yes I have tried different ammo and brass is worse
This is starting to sound like a timing issues. Like the bolt isn't moving as like it should, or the mag isn't putting the round up fast enough, but you've tried different mags, so I'm gonna blame the bolt, or the rail it's riding on. Have you stripped it all the way down, and checked the rails for burs, or obstructions?

Well there's not much more I can say, maybe replace the recoil spring? AKs are simple so if its not anything that was recommended then idk. is the dust cover making contact with the charging handle?

This is starting to sound like a timing issues. Like the bolt isn't moving as like it should, or the mag isn't putting the round up fast enough, but you've tried different mags, so I'm gonna blame the bolt, or the rail it's riding on. Have you stripped it all the way down, and checked the rails for burs, or obstructions?

I would really take a hard look at the extractor first.

View attachment 202033this is what it is doing

Yup that is exactly what the 2 Polytechs I tried using the US Palms in were doing. Some mag wobble is normal but extremely loose or extremely tight will completely mess up reliability. I strongly agree with Red Dawn on checking for burrs or warped receiver or even a crooked trunion.

I have striped it all the way down everything is smooth..... how would the extractor make it jam?

As the bolt comes forward it strips a new round from the mag. The case slips under the extractor as it slides up the breech face. If the extractor is nicked or tight, the round cannot slip under it and will stick. Manually cycle it slowly and see where it hangs.

Back
Top Bottom