• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with wasr AK

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
I am having a jamming problem and want to see if anyone knows what I should do. I will start by saying yes it is a wasr and cheap with that out of the way about every three or four rounds fired the round that jamms will try to go into the chamber but before it gets all the way out of the mag the bold jumps up on top of the round leaving the nose of the round pointed up into the chamber and the primer end half way out of the mag. I have polished the feed ramp thinking it was getting too much friction and making the bold ride up and I have tried different mags and while some work better than other I believe its an ak and should work with any mag....... any suggestions?

184557_4891565855696_439410896_n.jpgthis is what it is doing

now when you said "some work better" in respect to the mags do you mean they worked flawlessly or so-so. If some mags worked flawlessly I believe it is the mags. wasrs, though cheaper aks, are great AKs none the less.

oh, forgot its a WASR. The thing that really "makes them worse than others" in my opinion is the fact that they had to mill the mag well wider to fit the double stacks. Ive seen the openings vary in width. Do your mags wiggle a lot side to side? If so, try a plastic mag. they seem to fit tighter

Back
Top Bottom