• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with wasr AK

As the bolt comes forward it strips a new round from the mag. The case slips under the extractor as it slides up the breech face. If the extractor is nicked or tight, the round cannot slip under it and will stick. Manually cycle it slowly and see where it hangs.
:thumb:

I ran it as I got it and I installed a buffer at the back of the spring and still nothing
Also, are you getting 'trigger slap' when you fire? check your FCG.

I just slowly hand cycled 60 rounds thru two us palm mags with no problems and one of these mags is the one I shot that jammed today....I dont know whats going on!!!

Early 10/63's were single stacks opened up for standard mags. Newer ones came as standard. If the mag is seating properly and it hand cycles fine the look at the hammer and see if it has a sharp corner on the upper face. Poly techs were *****es to get running until that wore in or was filed down.

Last edited:
I would rather fix it myself than sell someone a problem

just kiddin ya. Thought that I would throw a little jest your way to ease the stress. When you figure the problem out please share it with us. I am interested in an AK underfolder but need to learn more about them first.

I appreciate the comedic thought and sorry if I am comming across as stressed I apreciate everyones help its just frustrating cause im an ak guy thru and thru and I just dont want to give up on this little guy but it does suck but I will not be beat! she will run and she will run like a boss!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom