• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with wasr AK

mag could be seated to low,
could have a misfeed due to missing or improper ramp on bullet guide or misplacement.......machine a slight guide into the chamber chamfer
HP projectiles,
take out the recoil buffer......it reduces BCG inertia and travel

please report back after step by step starting with the bullet guide and feed path correction. something is causing a tipping up of the round into the receiver.........shouldn't be hard to correct that with proper geometry changes.

I had a friend watch from the side as I shot and he said on the jams that the bolt didnt cycle all the way back and as I bench tested this theory I could duplicate the short stroke and the jam so in trying to figure out why it was short stroking I was compairing it side by side to my cousins wasr which runs fine and when the bolt goes into full battery right where it twists it is real tight which takes a lot of that blow back energy away and causes the short stroke

Did you put sand in it? AKs only work when they feel at home ...and full of sand.
To be really at home, they have to be full of snow, vodka, and the tears of your enemies!!!

tears-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom