• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy Officer Who Fired on Islamist During Chattanooga Terror Attack Will Be Charged

Unfortunately he did break a law, as horrible a law as it is. This is the end result of the "Rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" mantra. You know that every morning when he put that pistol on he made the decision that it was worth it. Think of it as a Ga resident carrying into SC, is it worth it? You decide.

The answer is to change the law before anyone else is impacted by it, not keeping the law and choosing not to enforce it (like federal drug laws in some state, just saying).

Dont get me wrong, I feel for this man. It pisses me off that our military is disarmed. THE LESSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEARNED AT THE SHIPYARD SHOOTING IN 2013. But when you pick and choose what laws to enforce it becomes a slippery slope.

I will be on the phone in the morning calling for a change in the law. The answer is to change the law and make it retroactive.

As a side note I still have a little .25 that my father bought to carry in PR back in the early 70's. He was land based navy and not issued a weapon for self defense.

Last edited:
What these pieces of garbage are doing is bringing the war onto our door step. The lone coward that opened fire on the recruiting office committed a terrorist act. The garbage that put him up to it were simply testing our citizens. They now know what would happen, basically nothing. We need to retract our troops from the middle east and flatten it out. Nuke them, them go over and colonize it . Enough is enough, They already know that the worst that will happen is a handful of people will react, but the majority is under a spell of stupidity.

Unfortunately he did break a law, as horrible a law as it is. This is the end result of the "Rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" mantra. You know that every morning when he put that pistol on he made the decision that it was worth it. Think of it as a Ga resident carrying into SC, is it worth it? You decide.

The answer is to change the law before anyone else is impacted by it, not keeping the law and choosing not to enforce it (like federal drug laws in some state, just saying).

Dont get me wrong, I feel for this man. It pisses me off that our military is disarmed. THE LESSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEARNED AT THE SHIPYARD SHOOTING IN 2013. But when you pick and choose what laws to enforce it becomes a slippery slope.

I will be on the phone in the morning calling for a change in the law. The answer is to change the law and make it retroactive.

As a side note I still have a little .25 that my father bought to carry in PR back in the early 70's. He was land based navy and not issued a weapon for self defense.
folks knock .25s, but i take one with me everywhere

Any reliable source stating that actual charges are being made? Yeah...I saw the CNN comment a couple pages back. I looked yesterday and found nothing but right wing nut blogs talking about it. Not even Fox mentioned anything about any charges.

It's true, they cannot allow soldiers to simply disregard federal law and kill "domestic extremist" (per FBI) killing disarmed innocent folks.

So when is the murder charge. They don't want to accept that he killed a mass murderer.

But this administration is cool with Bengazi and works to keep it cloaked in secrecy.

The Navy quickly responded that the West allegations are false.

"Stories of Navy personnel being charged with an offense are not true. There is still a long way to go in reviewing the facts of this tragic incident, but at this time we can confirm no service member has been charged with an offense," the Navy said in a statement posted to social media.

Back
Top Bottom