• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy Officer Who Fired on Islamist During Chattanooga Terror Attack Will Be Charged

That **** makes the pissed off Marine video more relevant than ever. At first, I thought he had it wrong.
Makes me want to go grease up my gat and stand guard at my local recruiter's office. This is so wrong on so many levels.

Fundamental transformation. Check.

Point is...as it stands, nobody is filing any charges. Reports of charges filed were just made to piss people off.

Testing of the waters?

Anyway... He committed a felony, broke regs, and disobeyed a direct order, regardless of his rationale and the beneficial effect it had. Sorry but where the civilian side there is an option not to charge someone based upon intent and effect, in the military, its not tolerable for soldiers, especially officers who are entrusted to make sound decisions, to be able to decide for themselves what orders to obey or not other than the ultimate one of "Is this a lawful order?" (which it was).

Hopefully the punishment will just be a slap on the wrist reprimand on his record that won't severely affect his chances for selection.

It's highly likely he killed the dead Tango.

No charges, but what punitive action will be taken appears to be the question now. A formal letter of reprimand, a career ender? A letter of release from military service?

He surely has a gag order as well as every serviceman who saw what occurred.

When will the public be informed of what actually occurred?

And will he receive an award if he killed and stopped the terrorist attack?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom