• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My dumb idea that involves a 12 gauge

I get what you're going for but I don't think it's worth the NFA hassle. On top of that I've shot pistol gripped shotguns and I have a Mossberg Shockwave. The straight line bird head style grip is better than the pistol grip to ME.
The pistol grip is a sprained or broken wrist just waiting to happen.

Skipping 7 pages of chat about shotguns in general and barrel lengths....

.... does anyone have firsthand experience pulling a shoulder-fired gun AWAY from your body,
making its sling very tight, as you shoot, so your forward pressure on the gun helps mitigate the rearward recoil?

Skipping 7 pages of chat about shotguns in general and barrel lengths....

.... does anyone have firsthand experience pulling a shoulder-fired gun AWAY from your body,
making its sling very tight, as you shoot, so your forward pressure on the gun helps mitigate the rearward recoil?
None here, but I dont see an advantage if using actual sights.

If you are pushing it outwards to tighten the hold for sighting and control, it will be at least the same length as a shotgun with a stock.

I realize the concept is for concealment.

I want a stock on my shotguns. I’ve had 12 ga shotguns with pistol grips and no stocks and they sucked to shoot, really. They also had slings and holding them out in front of me wasn’t unlike what you are describing. More concealable, yes, under a long jacket, but not the most practical thing, but that’s just JMO.

I want a 13” 870 with police stocks if I go the SBS route. I have shot one many times and liked it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom