Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
60   0
Reaction score
Take one of these
rem-81230-tac14.jpg
Add a $200 tax stamp to make it an AOW. Then add one of these
hogue tamer.jpg
Chop the bit of barrel down that extends past the magazine tube, clean it up, dab a little cold blue on it, then move that bead back onto the barrel.

Then add a sling of some kind that attaches to the bottom of the Hogue grip and the end of the magazine tube. To shoot the gun, press forward on both the forend and the pistol grip with the sling offering resistance. That way when you fire the gun you're already pushing forward to counteract the recoil.

Thoughts?

I get what you're going for but I don't think it's worth the NFA hassle. On top of that I've shot pistol gripped shotguns and I have a Mossberg Shockwave. The straight line bird head style grip is better than the pistol grip to ME.
20 gauge is actually more user friendly, with the same intended results, at close range.
#3 buck in 2-3/4 is your friend, out of a Shockwave in 20ga.
Your grandma could even shoot it well.

20 gauge is actually more user friendly, with the same intended results, at close range.
#3 buck in 2-3/4 is your friend, out of a Shockwave in 20ga.
Your grandma could even shoot it well.
I inherited my Shockwave from my stepfather. I suggested he buy the 20 gauge when he bought it but he wasn't hearing it. When I finally got around to shooting it I loaded 5 rounds and I think I shot 3 and unloaded the other two. It was NOT fun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom