• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

One more plus for the ump is that once you have one, you have them all. Changing between 9, 40 and 45 only require swapping out barrel, bolt and mag. The down side is its expensive to get going and the USC is no longer being imported. So finding one is a bit of a task.
How much are those going these days? I know I was about to get a ump 9 it was probably going to be about 1700

I'm definitely in for more info on this. Links? Despite how good they might be, I can't ever bring myself to paying $1500+ for an HK copy.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/225577-sp5k-getting-closer.html

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of talk about it in the last couple of months. There are a couple of other threads where one or two people mentioned it should be a sure thing this year...I guess we'll find out.

I just handled a CZ Scorpion Evo today for the first time....at that price point, I think I can say I've made my choice for a 9mm SBR :)

I kinda like the EVO but I dont know. The MP5 PDW though? Old technology or not its such an iconic gun. I lust over that gun with the folded stock, I can't wait for my stamp to come in.

I haven't heard of many if any reliability issues with any of the recent clones. They are run like tops, that being the case I wouldn't hesitate to use mine for home defense.

Yall kinda worrying me about the reliability I always thought they were really good.

Well, and that's the rub with me. The HK MP5 is known for being highly reliable. All these clones are not made by HK so it can be more of a crap-shoot. So at the end of the day you get a $1500+ "antiquated" SMG that is at best a copy of what you really want. At least this is my justification for not getting one :)

Back
Top Bottom