• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MP5 Clone, which is better?

I don't know man hall got my wheels turning on the MP5 and the UMP style, even though I feel that's a little rich for my blood, but I'm also still considering doing a PAP M92 sbr suppressed. I'm waiting on the new Hybrid can that's designed for up to a .458 Socom so that should work well on that as well. So many ideas.

I don't know man hall got my wheels turning on the MP5 and the UMP style, even though I feel that's a little rich for my blood, but I'm also still considering doing a PAP M92 sbr suppressed. I'm waiting on the new Hybrid can that's designed for up to a .458 Socom so that should work well on that as well. So many ideas.

If you want to run suppressed, the MP5 is the way to go over the AK. I love my suppressed AKs, but there is no comparison here.

Reliability wise the clones are solid. The other good thing about the AF clone is that you won't have any 922r compliance issues when converting to SBR, and they're stand up company so if you have reliability issues, they'll take care of you.

Your taste is like mine as I have a M92 thats getting SBR'd as well. I dont think you'll be disappointed.

If you want to run suppressed, the MP5 is the way to go over the AK. I love my suppressed AKs, but there is no comparison here.

Reliability wise the clones are solid. The other good thing about the AF clone is that you won't have any 922r compliance issues when converting to SBR, and they're stand up company so if you have reliability issues, they'll take care of you.

How is the AK suppressed compared to the AR?

Gassier and noisier. It can also be finicky with ammo, but I personally have not had any issues. And you need to make sure there are no concentricity issues

It still quiets it down though, and it's just cool.
What suppressor do you use with AK, if I may ask? I have ARC22AL in the jail, and I am looking for a next buy.

What suppressor do you use with AK, if I may ask? I have ARC22AL in the jail, and I am looking for a next buy.

Anything rated for 556 and up for 5.45. And 30 cal cans are required for 7.62 of course.

Concentricity is the issue!

I've got a Kestrel 556 with krink mount for my Krinks but curently in the process of building a 10.5 AK. Which I'll thread the barrel for a quick detach brake.

Just now getting into building AK and the build tools aren't cheap. Good luck finding a smith that will mess with one locally.

So, if you're not doing the work your self it's gonna cost suppressing any AK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom